So I asked one of my fav clients this week what she’d like to see on my blog Next. She suggested I compile a list of healthy snack choices for on the go. I thought that was brilliant and here we are…
These snack ideas are all clean eats! No refrigeration or prep work are required for any of these ten options. Also, if you aren’t familiar with any products, no worries. Click the links where available to purchase on Amazon!
- chomps meat sticks I love these bc they don’t need to be refrigerated, they take up hardly any space and have 0 sugar!
- a banana did you know a banana has enough energy to fuel you through a one hour run?
- larabar THE absolute only bar I’ll eat. Simple, whole ingredients with 0 added sugar, sweeteners, artificial ingredients and will fill you up with 200 or so calories. There’s a flavor for any palette.
- organic apple they don’t need to be refrigerated and won’t rot if I leave one in my gym bag or back seat of the car for a day or two.
- raw almonds I always like to keep a few handfuls of raw, unsalted almonds in a baggie for my duffel. Only a few gives you 100 calories and will hold you over between meals.
- organic dried mango Be sure to look the back of the bag and read the label. You never should see added sugars, oils, or worse— sulfur dioxide.
- pumpkin seeds get raw, unsalted seeds to crunch on during the day. They’re oddly satisfying and also provide unparalleled benefits for female hormones.
- organic raisins satisfy your sweet tooth or post-lunch craving with a handful of organic dried grapes.
- homemade trail mix in a large mason jar, throw in an assorted mixture of raw nuts, dried fruit (hold the added sugar), cocoa nibs and even some unsweetened coconut flakes for a delicious and filling snack.
- lundberg rice cakes I love the wild rice one (only on Amazon) or brown rice varieties. They’re great on their own or with a spread of nut butter, slice of meat, etc. Nutty, fresh, crunchy and slightly salty… these rice cakes are nothing like the ones you had growing up.